iHome is one of the highest-selling Bluetooth speakers in today’s market. While most iHome products are made for iPads/iPods/iPhones, they are still compatible with Android devices as well.
Because of iHome’s advanced engineering, fantastic features, rugged construction quality, and great sound, they are becoming a great choice for Apple and Android devices.
Here, we’ll show you how to pair ihome Bluetooth speakers with any device. For the sake of this tutorial, we’ll use the iDM12, but the same procedure applies to any iHome product.
The first iHome speaker was released in 2005 by SDI Technologies. SDI Technologies has over 60 years of experience in the manufacturing and selling of innovative consumer electronics.
The first iHome product was a Pod-docking clock radio that became the highest selling iPod accessory that year. Due to its success, the iHome became an exclusive brand in the audio market. To this day, iHome is the top-selling digital brand, providing a wide collection of products.
After its success, iHome has evolved exponentially and offers various products: alarm clocks, headphones, portable speakers, and clock radios. Further, iHome has accredited smart home products, smartphones, and accredited tablets.
Bluetooth Pairing, Explained
“Pairing” is when you connect a Bluetooth speaker to a smartphone, tablet, computer, or to a “master” device. This allows the speakers to communicate wirelessly.
JBL is a well-known brand for producing Bluetooth speakers. Here you can find a comparative review between JBL Charge 3 vs. JBL Charge 4 Portable Bluetooth Speaker which are 2 of the most famous models produced by JBL.
Pairing your iHome speaker is a simple process, but having straightforward instructions on how to do so will make this process easier.
Preparing to Pair Your iHome Speakers
Before you start pairing or connecting your iHome speaker to your tablet, smartphone, or computer, make sure your speaker system is fully charged.
Start by connecting the USB cable to the computer port, your tablet, or your phone’s charger, then to the iHome speaker. The cable consists of two ends.
There is a Micro-USB plug in one end and a standard plug on the other end. The Micro-USB plug connects to the speaker while the large USB cord connects to the computer.
Plug the unit into the AC outlet if you’re using the tablet or phone charging unit. For instance, if you charge the iHome speaker from your computer, you’ll have to turn your computer so it can charge the speaker.
Approximately, the speaker will take 4-6 hours to become fully charged. There is a charging light indicator that stops flashing once the battery is charged. Some speakers will have a battery button; you can hold the battery for 2 seconds if the speaker is on.
How to Pair Your iHome Speaker via Android
1. Hold down the power button to start your iHome speaker. Turn your iHome iDM12 on Bluetooth mode by changing the switch from the “aux” setting” to the “Bluetooth” setting. Make sure the iDM12 is around 30 feet or less to keep it in range with your Android.
2. Next, activate the Bluetooth functionality on your Android tablet or phone. Press Settings >> Connections:: Press the Bluetooth button and turn it on.
3. Now, you’ll want to configure your ihome speaker to complete the pairing process. Hold onto the Play/Pause/Pairing button for 2 seconds. You’ll hear two beeps, and an amber light will begin to flash on the front of the speaker.
4. Check your Android device, and you’ll see “iDM12” located on the screen. Next, press it to begin pairing. If there is a password pop-up, simply type in “1234”.
5. Your home speaker’s amber light will turn green. This indicates that it is successfully paired with an iPad or iPhone. Some speakers give a voice notification that tells you the devices have been successfully paired”.
The Android device will indicate that both devices are linked up. Now you’re able to play music!
6. After this initial pairing process, the iHome Bluetooth speaker will pair with the device every time you turn it on. Make sure your Android device is within range and turned on. If the speaker doesn’t pair together automatically, repeat the same steps to pair up the devices.
How to Pair an iPhone with an iHome Speaker
1. Turn on the iHome speaker by holding the power button. You’ll know the speaker works after you hear a sound from the device. Next, turn your iHome device to Bluetooth mode by moving the switch to the “Bluetooth” setting. Keep the speaker, and the iPhone is within range (30 feet or less).
2. After that, turn the Bluetooth signal on the iHome speaker. Press the “Play/Pause/Pairing” button and hold it for 2 seconds. You’ll hear two beeps, and the speaker will have an amber light.
3. Look at the Apple device, and you’ll notice an “iDM12” located on the screen. Next, press the button to pair the devices together. Once completed, the amber light will turn green, and you’ll be able to enjoy your music.
How to Pair Your iHome Speaker With a PC
1. Hold down the power button until you hear a sound. Move the switch located on the speaker to switch to “Bluetooth.” Keep the iDM12 within 30 feet from your computer.
2. Turn on the Bluetooth feature on your computer:
- Apple: Open the Apple Menu > Select “System Preferences” > Press “Bluetooth” > Select “Turn Bluetooth on:
- Windows: Press the Windows Icon and type in “Bluetooth” > Click Bluetooth and Other Devices > Activate the pairing by clicking the Bluetooth button on the PC.
3. Go to your iHome speaker and hold the “Play Pause, and Pairing” button for around 2 seconds. You’ll hear two beeps from the speaker, and an amber light will flash on the device. Check the computer, and you’ll see an “iDM12” located on the screen > Press it to begin pairing. If it prompts for a password, press “1234”.
4. Your iHome speaker should start flashing green. This indicates that it is linked with an iPad or iPhone. Some devices will vocally notify you once the devices are connected. The computer will show that both devices are paired.
After following the previous steps, if your iHome speaker doesn’t pair with your device or no sound is coming through the speaker, here are some ways to fix it:
My iHome Speaker Won’t Pair Correctly!
1. Check your device because it might not be plugged into your ihome speaker. Make sure the device is fully charged. Start by turning on the Bluetooth device and allow it to “discover” other devices by turning on the Bluetooth mode.
2. Press and hold the Pairing/Pause/Play Button for 2 seconds. The ihome Bluetooth speaker will make a sound, and the Bluetooth icon will appear, indicating the speaker is in pairing mode. You’ll see a notification that says “iHome speakers” on the Bluetooth menu.
3. If a “Not Connected” or “Not paired” message appears, press “iHome speaker” to connect to it. If the device prompts you to add a passcode; press “1234” on the keypad. If the devices pair successfully, a “PAIR” option will display on the bottom, and a solid Bluetooth icon will appear. This indicates that the device is ready to play music.
This will occur if your device is on low power. Also, this explains why your speaker was unable to connect to your device. If that is the case, either replace the batteries or recharge the speaker.
When replacing batteries, make sure the device is connected to the AC outlet to keep your settings. Otherwise, you’ll have to reset the alarm and time after the batteries are replaced.
Next, press Tab to open the battery door attached to the bottom of the device. Remove any old batteries and install AA batteries into the backup battery section.
Make sure the “+” and “-” nodes are considered when you place the batteries in the slots. After that, close the battery door and confirm that the battery indicator isn’t flashing. Now you should be able to connect your speaker and device without any distractions.
Receiving Interference From Another Device
Make sure your device has the latest firmware. When the unit is turned ON, the speaker will pair with the closet device within range (30 feet).
You must turn off the Bluetooth capability of the previous device or move it out of range.
Connections Not Working
Make sure all of your connections are properly plugged. In addition, make sure the power is turned ON. Then, connect the AC adapter and DC jack and connect the toe end to a wall outlet.
Install the two AA batteries in the battery compartment before using them.
Problems With Your Cell Phone
There are times when your cellular device will interfere with the Bluetooth connection. It’s important to ensure there are no issues with the Bluetooth connectivity and that the device is working correctly.
In this scenario, check your device’s instruction manual for details on Bluetooth pairing and linking. After finding the issue with your cellular device, it can pair up with the iHome speaker.
- Place your iHome speaker on a flat surface. Keep it away from sources of excessive sunlight and direct heat.
- Make sure to protect your furniture if you’re placing the speaker on a lacquered or natural wood finish. Place a cloth or other protective material in between the speaker in the furniture to prevent overheating.
- Use a damp cloth to clean your unit. Don’t use potent cleaning agents like thinner or other materials because it will damage the unit’s surface.
Pairing ihome speakers have never been any more straightforward! Make sure that both devices are turned on and are within range. If any issues are present, check the connection of the speaker to ensure it’s on the Bluetooth network.
By learning how to pair ihome Bluetooth speakers, you’ll be able to maximize your audio experience.